Exploit.WMF

tinacee1 04:21 26 Jan 06

I have just spent 2 days trying to fix a major problem with my P (with loads of help from my son) I had to reinstall everything.
Now I have scanned with Anti-Virus and found a message "you may be infected by unknown virus Exploit. WMF" How can I rid myself of this. AVG does not seem to be 'healing' this. I am a tekkie dummy. If anyone knows about this and can give advice to me - I would much appreciate any help and advice. Laymen's terms would be good as my addled brain could not take anything complicated in!! THANKS.

Tinacee

rawprawn 08:06 26 Jan 06

click here Take the free online scan.

PC Bilbo 08:13 26 Jan 06

Exploit.WMF is a trojan. Microsoft released a security update to deal with this in December.

Follow below link to M.S. Support Site re this issue

click here

PC Bilbo 08:20 26 Jan 06

Exploit.WMF is a trojan. Microsoft released a security update to deal with this in December.

Follow below link to M.S. Support Site re this issue

click here

If you reinstall,make sure all security patches are up to date and also run anti-malware programmes like ad-aware, A-Squared, Spybot Search & Destroy, Spware Blaster from click here (all free downloads )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009