Exploit.ms04.011

orangewhiteblue 22:48 18 Mar 05

Hi

My son has managed to receive a virus through MSN, by the name of Exploit.ms04.011.

When I try to run AVG in the usual way it automatically shuts itself (the program not the computer) down. I can right click my computer and run AVG that way, it discovers the virus but can't resolve the problem.

If I try to use an online antivirus Explorer shuts down. Funnily enough I can search for anything I want but mention anything and I mean anything to do with virus checking and Explorer shuts down.

My brother has sent me McAfee Stinger but this has done nothing.

Could some one please help, the thought of reformating is making me feel physically sick!

Simon

stalion 22:50 18 Mar 05
  orangewhiteblue 22:54 18 Mar 05

Stalion

When I click on the link a screen appears then automatically disappears, therefore I can't get what you are suggesting.

stalion 22:58 18 Mar 05

just tried the site no problems try this instead
click here

orangewhiteblue 23:00 18 Mar 05

Stalion

The virus is clever and won't let me connect to anything which may solve the problem! Bugger!

What do I do now?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 23:01 18 Mar 05

Try download and run Spybot from click here

stalion 23:03 18 Mar 05

try booting in safe mode and then going on line

orangewhiteblue 23:06 18 Mar 05

I'm not sure how to do that, could you please explain?

VoG II 23:09 18 Mar 05
  stalion 23:09 18 Mar 05

re-boot your pc if xp keep tapping f8 as it boots up and select safe mode on the screen that comes up you may have to wait at least a minute before you see the screen just let it load

orangewhiteblue 23:13 18 Mar 05

I'll try that now, cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…