Exploit_DcomRpc.gen Virus

babybell 22:00 02 Nov 05

Everytime i turn my pc on Mcafee tells me that it has found the follwing virus:

Jigcdfei.exe is infected with the Exploit_DcomRpc.gen virus.

It tells me the file was deleted to remove the virus but it reappears everytime i turn the pc on. If i run mcafee after the message, it does not find any viruses. Can anybody help?

VoG II 22:10 02 Nov 05

Try a² click here

PaulB2005 23:51 02 Nov 05

click here

Also targets this one.

babybell 23:52 02 Nov 05

I ran a2 and it found several viruses which it removed. However, i restarted the laptop and the same virus message appeared. Also i downloaded hijack this but if i drag it to the desktop it is removed by mcafee as a virus?

babybell 00:07 03 Nov 05

Stinger has found W32/Korgo.worm.ai and W32/Sdbot.worm.gen. It seems to be removing it from the same files each time but they keep reappearing

babybell 00:14 03 Nov 05

Stinger removed 11 viruses, i restarted the laptop and that bloody message has appeared again! Does anyone have any ideas?

SANTOS7 00:26 03 Nov 05

click here
it is a variant of this, if you are happy to do so there is a posible registry key to delete..

babybell 00:33 03 Nov 05

There was no registry value with that key, still at a loss here

ACOLYTE 01:29 03 Nov 05

Turn off system restore then scan,then turn system restore back on.

PaulB2005 09:00 03 Nov 05

Also try Stinger in Safe Mode.

babybell 19:32 03 Nov 05

I started my laptop in safe mode, ran a2 and it found a worm virus. I then ran Spybot and it found a few malware things, i then ran Hijackthis and have posted the log on the malware removal forum and now i am running McAfee, still in safe mode. Now Mcafee is saying that my hijackthis.exe file, is infected with a W32/generic.worm!p2p virus? How could this have happened after a2 gave me the all clear? Also should i run hijackthis is normal boot mode rather than safe mode?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…