Exploit_DcomRpc.gen Virus

babybell 22:00 02 Nov 05

Everytime i turn my pc on Mcafee tells me that it has found the follwing virus:

Jigcdfei.exe is infected with the Exploit_DcomRpc.gen virus.

It tells me the file was deleted to remove the virus but it reappears everytime i turn the pc on. If i run mcafee after the message, it does not find any viruses. Can anybody help?

VoG II 22:10 02 Nov 05

Try a² click here

PaulB2005 23:51 02 Nov 05

click here

Also targets this one.

babybell 23:52 02 Nov 05

I ran a2 and it found several viruses which it removed. However, i restarted the laptop and the same virus message appeared. Also i downloaded hijack this but if i drag it to the desktop it is removed by mcafee as a virus?

babybell 00:07 03 Nov 05

Stinger has found W32/Korgo.worm.ai and W32/Sdbot.worm.gen. It seems to be removing it from the same files each time but they keep reappearing

babybell 00:14 03 Nov 05

Stinger removed 11 viruses, i restarted the laptop and that bloody message has appeared again! Does anyone have any ideas?

SANTOS7 00:26 03 Nov 05

click here
it is a variant of this, if you are happy to do so there is a posible registry key to delete..

babybell 00:33 03 Nov 05

There was no registry value with that key, still at a loss here

ACOLYTE 01:29 03 Nov 05

Turn off system restore then scan,then turn system restore back on.

PaulB2005 09:00 03 Nov 05

Also try Stinger in Safe Mode.

babybell 19:32 03 Nov 05

I started my laptop in safe mode, ran a2 and it found a worm virus. I then ran Spybot and it found a few malware things, i then ran Hijackthis and have posted the log on the malware removal forum and now i am running McAfee, still in safe mode. Now Mcafee is saying that my hijackthis.exe file, is infected with a W32/generic.worm!p2p virus? How could this have happened after a2 gave me the all clear? Also should i run hijackthis is normal boot mode rather than safe mode?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…