Exploit rogue scanner (Type 1594)

paul654 16:18 25 Aug 10

When I try to go on the 'UK Coal' website using IE8 I get the threat message 'Exploit rogue scanner (Type 1594)' from AVG. I downloaded and ran MAB which found nothing. I go on this website every day to check the share price and have never had a problem until today....any ideas?

howard64 16:31 25 Aug 10

does avg have an option to indicate a safe site?

paul654 16:43 25 Aug 10

nope it doesn't indicate a safe site

birdface 16:44 25 Aug 10

No problem here if this is the website.
probably a false positive from AVG just quarantine it.

click here

northumbria61 16:45 25 Aug 10

I got the same message with AVG - There is an OLD post here about similar - click here

It is blocked by AVG LINK Scanner - it doesn't appear to be a Virus - I have checked the AVG Virus Encyclopedia and it shows nothing. From the OLD post link above it appears to a ZIP file of soem description which will not get onto your PC as long as you don't open it.

northumbria61 16:47 25 Aug 10

buteman - I get the threat message with your LINK in I.E. and Firefox.

northumbria61 16:53 25 Aug 10

paul654 - If you click the "?" mark on the error message you will get some, if little information.
The good thing is it has been "blocked" by AVG and nothing has got onto your computer. YOu can ask AVG support from HELP button within AVG Interface.

birdface 16:55 25 Aug 10

Nothing showing this way using MSE And Emisoft.

birdface 16:57 25 Aug 10

I think you will find that it is a false positive.
Emisoft picks everything up and did not even flicker at that one.

paul654 16:58 25 Aug 10

This is all very confusing, so is the UK Coal website infected with something or is it my PC?

birdface 16:58 25 Aug 10

Are you all using AVG or has anyone picked it up using any other security programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…