Exploit-Qtpict Trojan found

lotvic 22:30 04 Mar 06
Answered

Although my surfing habits are very modest

McAfee has found 2 files infected with this new Trojan. I've been searching 'net but can't find much info. Anyone any experience with how to clean pc?
I'm on my 3rd Hard drive now as infected files on first 2.
First Hard drive symptom: Comp was behaving oddly (virus scan found nothing) and finally wouldn't boot so I took it out and made it 'slave' so I could rescue my files before attempting repair (which I haven't done yet).

second Hard drive: Installed XP copied my files over okay ran chkdsk. Started to use files and then it went odd behaviour and finally wouldn't boot. I did not connect to Internet with this drive.

Third Hard Drive: Installed XP copied my files over okay ran chkdsk Started to use files and discovered some jpg and music files corrupted, Installed McAfee connected to Internet updated virus scan and then it found the Trojan 'Exploit-Qtpict'. I have files quarrantined at mo' as am hoping to clean them as they are pictures I want to keep.

Any comments or advice help please to link to any sites for info (apart from the McAfee site which seems to be all there is)

Alan H E 23:30 04 Mar 06

Have you tried a squared?

lotvic 23:40 04 Mar 06

not yet tried - but will do
thanks for suggestion

lotvic 20:05 06 Mar 06
Answer

a squared didn't find anything else.
I'm ticking this as resolved now as have submitted sample to McAfee and deleted infected/corrupt files.
Fingers crossed that all will be okay now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5