Expired Licence on Proxy

sheila.weston 09:42 17 Jul 10

What does "A license has expired on the Proxy, and your request is not permitted: "The SGOS license has expired"" mean, please.?

I was doing a search for various Building Societies with GOOGLE on IE and this kept coming up.

Many thanks, as always.

rdave13 10:01 17 Jul 10

Found this for an explanation; click here
Try rebooting the router and PC.

rdave13 12:45 17 Jul 10

alfredgerald has a fix; click here

sheila.weston 14:10 17 Jul 10

I have tried the suggestions on the computing.net website, but they didn't work. Is it something to do with yesterday' update of windows? Apparently not because I did a system restore and still have the same problem. I will now search for BING as Alfredgerald has done.........

sheila.weston 14:16 17 Jul 10

Help! How do I find 'Bing'? Website URL etc please? Or any other search engine, for that matter?!

Also, how do I reboot the Thompson E4FE35 router?

sheila.weston 14:25 17 Jul 10

Incidentally, I see that several people have posted problems on this today. Something is up?

VoG II 14:33 17 Jul 10

To reboot the router just power down, wait a minute then power it up again.

tullie 16:19 17 Jul 10

Looking for a search engine?Download Google Toolbar,what search engine are you using now?

rdave13 16:39 17 Jul 10

Bing; click here

sheila.weston 17:18 17 Jul 10

Yes, I use GOOGLE which the other people with problems in this forum appear to, also. I'll change over to Bing for the moment - it looks nice. I have a yahoo toolbar on my Firefox browser which works OK also.

It sounds as though the problem may be with the Google people so, hopefully, they will send an update or correction soon.

Thanks for the suggestions.

rdave13 18:02 17 Jul 10

Try Binging (ahem) for google uk, open google in the results page then close IE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…