experienced replies please

jonostar 18:13 06 Mar 05

need help in finding the correct program to convert dob to avi.. have asked b4 but no real dorection.. any dv editors out therewho have experience in this problem help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:17 06 Mar 05

Assume you mean VOB to AVI

click here

ulrich 18:22 06 Mar 05

Be grateful to anyone who replies.

AubreyS 20:49 06 Mar 05
  bremner 20:52 06 Mar 05

Unfortunate title which does not describe the problem and will only alienate members.

Bingalau 20:56 06 Mar 05

Please see Forum Editor's "How to use this Forum" just down the page a little way????

jonostar 22:04 06 Mar 05

hey sorry folks if this @alienated@ some people just a little frustrating to be given a link that caused a computer to crash and thatneeded system restore.. sorry if i offended anyone by being specific in my request and thanks to those that have helped in anyway shape or form just that i feel links that are not 'checked' can cause more harm than help/

Pesala 22:33 06 Mar 05

Disclaimer

The forum is populated by fellow computer users, and if you act upon any advice you are given in the forum threads you do so entirely at your own risk.

9/10 replies will be helpful, and only 1/100 might do some harm to your system. If a reply is obviously just the result of a Google search, with little or no comment about the recommended program, it is advisable to do a bit of research before installing it.

Even if the recommended program was well tried and tested by the person who recommended it, your system may be different.

Tycho 22:37 06 Mar 05

I fear that it was the lack of specificity in the title which caused the problem. Many of us scan down the titles to see if there is anything with which we can help. There is nothing in your title, or, rather, the title of your thread, which gives any clue to the nature of the problem.

If you were to have a quick look at the title threads you would soon get the idea.

I hope that this explains the problem more clearly.

I am, sir, and beg to remain, your obedient servant.

T

There, now. I feel better after that. :-)

jonostar 22:48 06 Mar 05

ok .. lets start again.. thanks for all your help/// my partner astromica originally posted the thread// i have sort of had to continue it from afar and not been up on all the technical stuff due to her comp crashing! Anyways the problem now is that when the dvd is converted to avi the quality reduces and there is a large black border around the footage.. any help on this subject wud be most appreciated.. thanks // and thanks again ;]

VoG II 22:50 06 Mar 05

Tick this and start again with a proper title. Non- condescending.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…