expanding partition

novis 13:10 10 Dec 09

I have a Toshiba Equium laptop with 80 GB partitioned into 2 running Vista

I'm quickly running out of space on the C drive. Is there any way I can expand it as there is nothing on the other drive? Or some why of using the other drive more efficiently,

Is there software that would allow me to expand my C drive without having to remove and re-install everything.

BRYNIT 13:20 10 Dec 09

Why not uninstall programs you do not use. Transfer files over to the other partition or to an external drive to allow more space.

You could try EASEUS Partition Master click here

Nothing is guaranteed, always remember to back up everything in case it goes wrong.

novis 13:26 10 Dec 09

I've tried this from Techimo.com but it hasn't done much.

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> (nav menu on the left) Storage -> Disk Management

You can shrink/extend partitions by right clicking and selecting shrink or extend volume.

Vista is a bit picky on how much file space it lets you set as a minimum sometimes though.

Will try your recommendation/

canarieslover 13:32 10 Dec 09

Move Documents, Pictures & Music folders to D:. Right click folder, select Properties and change the location to D: and the click Move. Your programs will still save to the same folders, but now on D: instead of C:

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…