Expanding Disk "C" on opening Windows Explorer

Farleyjim 14:48 08 Jan 08

I have just changed to Windows Vista Home Premium. I am quite pleased so far but would like to be able to open Explorer with the contents of my master hard disk (C)already expanded.
I did this with Windows XP by typing something in the "Run" box but it doesn't seem to appear in Windows Vista. Any ideas?

MAJ 15:21 08 Jan 08

I don't use Vista so can't test it out, but try right-clicking on your Windows Explorer icon, choose Properties and paste this into the Target field:

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e

MAJ 15:26 08 Jan 08

You should also be able to paste that into the Run box to do the same thing.

MAJ 15:28 08 Jan 08

How to find the Run command in Vista. click here

Farleyjim 17:26 08 Jan 08

Thank you MAJ. That didn't work so I looked back at a previous posting I made when I wanted to do the same thing with Windows XP I put this in the target box of Explorer:
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /n,/e,C:\ (space between exe and /n,)
This actually worked!
Thank you for your guidance with the "Run" command. That now appears when I click on the Start button

MAJ 18:44 08 Jan 08

I'll remember that for when I get Vista, Farley Jim. Interestingly, both commands do the same thing for me in XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…