Expanded Menu

Micklemass 20:06 25 Mar 05

Having done away with a drop down menu I now feel the navigation list of pages is getting too long on my site click here

I have for the moment added some pages under one link e.g. life before cancer, but would like if possible to have these pages shown when selecting the link instead of loading a separate page with the links on.

Hope that's clear.

Cheers
Mick

mattyc_92 11:45 26 Mar 05

You could use NavStudio from click here

mattyc_92 11:46 26 Mar 05

Sorry... The previous link I posted is wrong... This is the correct one... click here

Micklemass 12:13 26 Mar 05

Thanks mattyc will have a look later on when the Mrs is out for a while. Sometimes her restrictions are worse than some broadband limits!!

Cheers
Mick

mattyc_92 19:00 26 Mar 05

Added this for you to my site.... click here

It has got an example on the right of how it looks and the instructions on how to make it

mattyc_92 19:02 26 Mar 05

...forgot to say that it isn't made by using NavStudio, it is just one large javascript...

Micklemass 20:25 26 Mar 05

Managed to copy all and have look. Might prove a bit beyond me but will have a go over the next week altering to suit

Cheers again
Mick

mattyc_92 11:35 28 Mar 05

Any luck???

PurplePenny 13:43 28 Mar 05

My memory is awful: remind me why you got rid of the drop down menu in the first place.

It is possible to make purely CSS drop down menus ... but IE doesn't yet support the CSS required to make them work :-(

Micklemass 14:21 28 Mar 05

Hello PurplePenny

Nice to see you are back in circulation.

I used the drop down menu in Dreamweaver but just thought it looked a bit old fashioned. Then changed to flash buttons. With XP wondered if people were put off risking loading flash from a personal website so changed to the current text links.

Now just a thought that to reduce the length of the menu could have a sub menu (?) horizontal when highlighting the first link.

Hope that makes sense to you. Just had a second Cider and Limeade (sugar free) so might be confused myself

Regards

Mick

Micklemass 15:34 28 Mar 05

Not had a lot of time but will get round to it and let you know

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…