Exoemyr Virus checker

kingussie 09:09 17 Nov 09

I seem to have a virus which purports to come from windows that suggests I have a virus and begins scanning my computer. It is click here
but when i search nothing comes up. I have Macaffee installed and it finds nothing...any ideas

birdface 09:19 17 Nov 09

Your click here does not work for me.
Maybe try Malwarebytes free version and see if that finds anything.

birdface 09:22 17 Nov 09

If you still have Exo-emyr Virus checker on your computer the best idea would be to remove all traces of it.

kingussie 09:28 17 Nov 09

I cannot find it listed on my add/remove programs so am at a loss on how to remove it..could use CC I guess

kingussie 10:03 17 Nov 09

Malwarebytes found it was KOOBFACE worm contracted from Facebook. My brother sent a loink through Facebook and as I couldnt open it I went on to the host site and BANG ! Virus Stupid me...so be warned facebook users. I hoppe it is gone now.....any more ideas or should Malwarebytes have removed it ? thanks Buteman !

birdface 10:18 18 Nov 09

[ should Malwarebytes have removed it]
It should have but there still maybe some traces left behind.
Maybe think about switching of System Restore and when you reboot switch it back on again.
Maybe run c cleaner if you have it. And Tools.Then delete browsing history.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…