exhaust fan

okcoky 15:08 31 Aug 04

i ahve just bought a cooler master wave case and built my own pc.being new to this can anyone help with this question.the case came with 2 front fans and 1 rear.the rear fan sucks air in--is this correct? i thought it took air out,i know i can just turn it around but which way should it be blowing or sucking as the case maybe,thanx all

TomJerry 15:32 31 Aug 04

If front suck and back should blow, but it can work another way around. You can check which way give you better cooling performance by monitoring temperatures in side computers. There are some build-in temp sensors on motherboard, you just need a software to read them out. One great program called Motherboard monitor will do this nicely click here. Another program called Speedfan can also do this as well click here

Stuartli 16:11 31 Aug 04

Normally front case fans bring cool air in and the hot air is dispelled from the rear, including that from the PSU - fans are usually/should be marked with the direction in which the air flows so they are installed correctly.

If you have Aida32 the CPU and mobo temperatures can be read from Computer>Sensor or you can do it through the Bios - obviously there are no programs or applications running at this time, so the readings won't be of much use.

This link gives a guide to various Intel and AMD CPU (maximum) temperatures that may be reached, but the cooler they run the better for reliability and life span:

click here

Djohn 16:15 31 Aug 04

Front fans [excepting specific hard drive coolers] should draw cool air in at the lower front.

Exhaust fans should draw hot air out at the top rear.

okcoky 17:19 31 Aug 04

fan at the back is sucking air IN,two at front are sucking air IN,should i just reverve the back

fan at the back is sucking air IN,two at front are sucking air IN,should i just reverse the back

fan at the back is sucking air IN,two at front are sucking air IN,should i just reverse the back

Dorsai 17:28 31 Aug 04

I would just turn the one at the back round. in at the fount, out from the rear.

User-312386 17:35 31 Aug 04

yes turn the back one round so it blows air out of the system

I noticed a 8 degree drop in my CPU and motherboard when i did this

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…