Exel Spreadsheet

Matata 13:44 06 Dec 07

Is it possible to open an Exel Spreadsheet, created in Microsoft Office 2000, in Open Office software?
Help much appreciated.

jja244 14:02 06 Dec 07

Should open OK in Open Office Calc. Works fine with my Excel files created in Excel 2000.

pj123 14:16 06 Dec 07

Just tried it and the answer is.... yes.

It even accepted the Macro.

pj123 14:18 06 Dec 07

Sorry it took me so long, but I did have to download and install Open Office first.

Simsy 16:33 06 Dec 07

"It even accepted the Macro."

Do you mean that the macro actually ran?
I've never had that happen. Can you describe the macro and what it does?

Thanks,

Regards,

Simsy

Chris the Ancient 16:52 06 Dec 07

I'm with you - I've never had an Excel macro run in Open Office. Yes, the spreadsheet would open - but the macros wouldn't! Bit of a pain for one person who wanted to use my spreadsheet in Open Office as there was an Auto-Open macro to set up a switchboard form! It just opened as a blank page.

pj123 15:55 07 Dec 07

Simsy and Chris the Ancient. My apologies.

I didn't go that far. I just assumed.

I got a message saying that the spreadsheet contained macros. Do I want to Enable them. I said Yes. I didn't actually check to see if they would run. Due to your responses I have done that and you are right. The macro doesn't run, but I am now in the process of recording another macro to the same job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…