Exel 2007

sms 20:49 09 Apr 07

I am running office 2007. I want to use exel spreadsheet in a booking programme and would like to be able to have a calendar that you can pick month and date eg in online booking systems. Any ideas if this can be done in exel

VoG II 21:08 09 Apr 07

click here

and if you need the mscal.ocx Calendar Control click here

sms 13:03 10 Apr 07

Thanks for info. It appears that this function is not available in Exel 2007.
On another point is it possible when you enter a particular cell that this could be displayed in another cell eg if i had a range of cells with numbers 1 to 5 and i went onto cell 3, could this be displayed or any other one displayed in another cell
thanks

VoG II 13:15 10 Apr 07

The calendar control DOES work in Excel 2007.

Assuming that your numbers 1 to 5 are in A1:A5 and you want to display the result in B1

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
If Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A5")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("B1").Value = Target.Value
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Right click the sheet tab and select View Code. Copy and paste in the above code then close the code window. Clicking in the range A1:A5 will display the value of the selected cell in B1.

sms 14:03 10 Apr 07

Thanks for your quick response. will try again
excellent advice as always

sms 14:39 10 Apr 07

tried the above code and works fine in a new workbook. tried in the work book i use and nothing happened. have enabled macros but still the same. any advice please

VoG II 14:41 10 Apr 07

Did you change A1:A5 and B1 to the cells that you actually want to use?

sms 15:12 10 Apr 07

Hi Vogue, my error. used lower case in the vb code . changed to upper case and works fine
thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…