.exe file slowing my computer down...please help

ramjam69 21:59 06 Jun 06

I use AOL as my web browser and when I start my computer there's a process called AOLServiceHost.exe that slows things right down. If I bring up the Task Manager up and end the process, things start to run OK for a couple of minutes. The process then restarts itself and hey presto!! the computer starts to run slowly again. A never ending cycle begins where I;m constantly ending the process to do anything fast.
My computer is an Acer Tavelmate 4060 laptop with a Pentium M processor running at 1.73Ghz and with 1024MB DDR2 533Mhz RAM.
Any help would be appreciated.

VoG II 22:02 06 Jun 06

click here

Try uninstalling then re-installing the AOL software.

ramjam69 22:03 06 Jun 06

tried that, but to no avail

Coff 23:05 06 Jun 06

I'm on AOL 9.0 and I don't have that process running. I tried out the free AOL Antispyware program a while back and I think the process is associated with that. I might be wrong but, if you do have the antispyware program running, try turning off real time protection, close the program window, then end the process in TaskManager. (I think there are three processes associated with the antispyware program but someone else who is running it could confirm or otherwise.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…