.exe file problems after virus check with AVG

shedc 18:12 21 Jan 03
  shedc 18:12 21 Jan 03

Hi there...

My new computer recently got a worm virus through msn, not sure how atm but it did. I have just installed AVG6 from your Aug 2002 disc to see if I could remove the virus, my previous Anti Virus programme wouldn't.
BUT; now every .exe file fails to open upon double clicking on the icons (says it cant find .exe). I was wondering if anyone had a cure for this problem?

(files seem to work when I right click > run as.)
(OS: winXP)

Lú-tzé 19:21 21 Jan 03

It sounds like you have the virus but I cannot remember the name - there is a fix on the norton site.

I will have a look as I sent the link to a friend some months ago, but if you can tell me the name of the virus I will be able to post a link to a fix quicker.

Lú-tzé 16:19 22 Jan 03

Received via email:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fix please! I'm unable to open 75% of my programs.

Thanks shedc

click here and do a scan. If it names the virus, go to symantec site where you will find a fix for it.

And remember: when you send me an email via the envelope sign, it gives your email address.

shedc 11:34 27 Jan 03

Scan done using 'Housecall' but no viruses found!
I can only run a prgram by:
1. Right click on icon, select 'Run As'
2. De-select (uncheck) 'Protect my computer and data from unautorised program activity'
3. Click 'OK' and the program runs.

JoeC 11:58 27 Jan 03

was the name of the virus ??

JoeC 13:58 27 Jan 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…