Exchange server/Mobile Phone

JConcept4 10:17 18 Oct 10

Hi

I'm looking at buying a new mobile phone on contract which will have the best connectivity with my works SBS/Exchange server.

I'd like to be able to use my phone when I'm on the road like I would use my computer when in the office.

Is there a way I can manage my emails/calendars etc from the phone via 3g? I'd love to be able to have the phone running like the computer would be running in the office. Opening pdfs and having the ability to amend office files would be pretty cool as well.

At the min I use a Blackberry and I have all emails being forwarded from my email server to the blackberry email address I have set-up, not ideal, I really want to use the company email domain address rather than a blackberry address.

I was originally thinking of a iPhone due to the amount of apps but as I am only just starting to research should I be looking at other brands?

I can supply more info on the server is needed.

Ta

King

Nontek 13:13 18 Oct 10

One to have a look at The Desire ...

click here

northumbria61 15:54 18 Oct 10

And this one from Sony Ericsson click here - lengthy video describing ALL of the features.

northumbria61 15:59 18 Oct 10

You may have to restart this video presentation from OVERVIEW as the link may start anywhere on the demo.

JConcept4 16:06 18 Oct 10

Cheers chaps

I checked out the Desire earlier and it looks cool, the Desire HD looks even better.

My company are just about to start designing applications so the iPhone was all about being able to show the apps to clients etc but I presume they'll be building apps for all the different mobile OS's used at the minute.

How easy are all these phones to sync to an exchange server? And will they sync ok via 3g when on the move?

Thanks for the help

Nontek 17:16 18 Oct 10

I am not familiar with exchange servers, but pretty sure that the Desire HD will cover your needs, plus some!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…