Excess gb

Spr 13:02 01 Sep 04

I have had to re-installed Windows XP, does it over write the old version Windows XP or does it copy it's self along side of the old version Windows XP. Reason I ask is on my PC I am using 6gb on my Laptop with has the same programs I’m using 9:5gb I have done all the recommendation, I’ve cleaned up the drive.

keith-236785 13:35 01 Sep 04

the 3gig difference could be down to system restore, your laptop as an old installation of windows will have several restore points taking up space.

the new install of windows will only have one or two taking up a lot less space.

windows xp system restore takes upto 12% (on maximum setting) of the hard drive space for restore points before it removes any, you can alter this to a minimum to save space but the trade off would be less restore points available.

if you want to change the settings, right click My Computer, click properties, click System Restore then choose the hard drive/partition and click settings. move the slider to your desired ammount of space.

good luck

keith-236785 13:36 01 Sep 04

ps, my system restore setting is on maximum and i have 2.28 gig in the system restore folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…