EXCEPTION/ERROR MESSAGE

asterias 08:52 01 Dec 08

My OS is XP Prof' and when starting,after boot-up,a window opens entitled "Windows - No Disk" - "Exception Processing Message c 0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c" with the options "Cancel" "Try Again" "Continue".If I click on Continue another window opens entitled "Application Error" with the message "Exception XNTIO Error in module engine.dll at 000C0D92 DISKMNGR.CollectVolumeInfo:getDiskFreeSpaceError"
Can anyone tell me what all this means or how to correct it?

rawprawn 08:53 01 Dec 08

Check and see if there is a Disk in the floppy drive, or a CD in the CD Drive.

asterias 09:14 01 Dec 08

Hi rawprawn,no,both drives are empty.

rawprawn 09:32 01 Dec 08

Have you updated recently?

rawprawn 09:33 01 Dec 08

Try a System Restore to before it occurred.

rawprawn 09:34 01 Dec 08

Have you added new software?

asterias 09:44 01 Dec 08

Tried a Windows Update yesterday but no new updates required.No software added recently.Tried to BACKUP "everything" to my external hard drive but couldn't finish the backup as the final requirement to create a floppy wouldn't complete.
I'll try a restore as you suggest.
Many thks once again rawprawn.

asterias 09:53 01 Dec 08

Completed a systen restore but message still appearing.

rawprawn 09:54 01 Dec 08

"Tried to BACKUP "everything" to my external hard drive but couldn't finish the backup as the final requirement to create a floppy wouldn't complete"

I don't understand that, what program are you using to backup

asterias 11:03 01 Dec 08

I used the Windows XP Backup facility.

rawprawn 11:29 01 Dec 08

For some reason your computer seems to be looking for a floppy drive.I am assuming it is a desktop.
Can you go int BIOS and look at the boot sequence.
Also have you unplugged your External drive and then rebooted?
Acronis is by far the best and most reliable backup software and worth the money.
You don't need to buy the latest version V10 is OK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…