Exception has occurred

Miss Happy 23:35 27 May 04

I keep receiving the blue screen of death and the message (or similar, last one was 'fatal' though), 'An exception OE has occured at 0028:C00317B5 in VxD ---.
This was called from 0028:C00317F7 in VxD ---. It maybe possible...
The last one was 'A fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:COO317B5.
The current application will be terminated...
I have tried to search Google and MS Knowledge Base but could not find the answer.
Can anyone help?
I have windows 98SE an AVG with latest defs. installed.

johnnyrocker 00:22 28 May 04

not an easy one you could try all the anti spy/trojan ware available from d/loads this site, if a recent prob try scan/restore in the run menu and pick a boot date before the prob occurred i stand to be corrected by more knowledgeable if i have this wrong.

Miss Happy 00:47 28 May 04

Thanks Johnny, I have just read on MS that this is poss. on W98... if you do reg.backups of the reg. I think to give it a restore date in the scanreg? I will have to do this later today - if I do it now (12:48), I am sure to press the wrong buttons, then it wont only be the screen thats goes blue!
Going to search through google aswell following someone elses brilliant search hint, I'll let you know how I get on...
Thanks again!

User-312386 01:11 28 May 04

restart in ms-dos

now when in dos type scanreg/fix

this will fix any registry problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…