Excell, is there a free version out there ?

Giantsquid 21:43 03 Mar 04

Hello all,

Is there a free version of the above out there ?
I seem to recall one a few years back, can't seem to find it and a mate of mine would like to use it.

thanks all.

VoG II 21:46 03 Mar 04

Nope.

There are alternatives e.g click here

Diodorus Siculus 22:12 03 Mar 04

click here

Sphygmic Software spreadsheet can build formulae using the 125 built-in functions, including text handling, statistical, date/time, and financial functions. Worksheets can span 256 columns and 16,384 rows, enough for almost any task, and you can work with multiple sheets at once. You can import industry standard CSV files and read and write Excel 4.0 files. The built-in charting module is both simple to use and highly configurable. Select a chart range and you get an instant chart. If you need a slim, fast spreadsheet that won't bury you in irrelevant features, download the Sphygmic Software spreadsheet now!

VoG II 22:21 03 Mar 04

Nice find. However, if it reads and writes Excel 4.0 files (ancient) it may well not work the same (or at all) with Excel 97 and later.

Diodorus Siculus 22:26 03 Mar 04

It's ancient! I discovered it when looking for something else and when I saw the thread I decided to have a search again.

OOo is by far a better option. Just not the only one!

Giantsquid 22:32 03 Mar 04

I have mailed the links onto my mate and we'll see how he gets on with it,

thanks for the help,

Belatucadrus 22:35 03 Mar 04
  Kinder Scout 22:56 03 Mar 04

A most interesting link Diodorus Siculus

frazky 23:52 03 Mar 04
  woodchip 00:01 04 Mar 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…