Excel XP. what have I done wrong.

wee eddie 14:35 22 Jun 04

I am not even sure how to define this problem.

I was happily working away at a small spreadsheet sheet, doing some costings (About: 10 columns, 120 rows).

When I decided to tart it up a little.

You know: Alternate line colours, different font sizes for headsings, that kind of thing.

When suddenly it seems to think it's 1780 pages in volume and takes an age to do anything.

The question.

How do I return it to thinking about it's own wee area only?

VoG II 14:44 22 Jun 04
  wee eddie 15:30 22 Jun 04

Where did I go wrong?

Opened the WorkBook > Pressed: Alt + F11 > M$ Visual Basic opens (just a grey sheet) > Clicked on Insert > Module is Greyed Out

VoG II 15:40 22 Jun 04

I've never come across that.

Try this method click here

wee eddie 15:49 22 Jun 04

Highlighted the area > Copied it > Pasted it into a new blank Workbook

wee eddie 15:51 22 Jun 04

Your solutions concentrated the mind, wonderfully.

HauxtonPhil 18:16 22 Jun 04

I suspect that you've just used a sledgehammer to crack this nut. Chances are that by accident you made an entry into a cell way, way down on your sheet. Easiest way to find out if that is the case is to go to Print Preview. Excel will, by default, print ALL cells between A1 and the last one that it finds with content. So if preview shows cells outside of the range you thought you were in, then you must have made a 'bum' entry. Out of preview, go to the cell with 'content' (and it could be just a space of course) and delete teh content. That should fix it - without writing macros!!

VoG II 18:21 22 Jun 04
  wee eddie 19:13 22 Jun 04

I shall see what I can do tomorrow. You may be right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…