Excel workbook colour printing.

pimpers 16:37 04 Feb 08

I am using Excel 2003 on both my work & home PC’s which are running XP.

I have a workbook with a number of worksheets that are all in colour.

The problem I have is that when I print the whole workbook in colour on my work PC the first page/worksheet is the only one in colour, all the rest are black and white.
Yet on my home PC the whole workbook is printed in colour.

I have looked through my options and both machines seem to be set up the same.

Any ideas why my work PC is doing this?

Thank you.

VoG II 16:58 04 Feb 08

What does the output look like in Print Preview on your work PC?

pimpers 05:25 05 Feb 08

Thanks VoG.

Once I have clicked on the file/print, I tick the entire workbook circle, the print is set to colour. I then click on the print preview and the first one is shown in colour the rest are black and white.

I sent the file home and did exactly the same here and yes, it showed all worksheets in colour.

I will have another look tomorrow.

Pimpers.

VoG II 12:43 05 Feb 08

I think that this may be an issue with the printer driver rather than Excel itself. Excel checks printer driver settings etc before printing (this is why macros that change printer/page setup take an age to run).

pimpers 00:59 06 Feb 08

As we have a colour printer at work the default is B & W.

After selecting the colour option in the print function I then go to print preview/setup and tick the colour option. I have to do this for every page. Once I did this and saved it, I went back into it and found that all my preview sheets are now in colour. What a pain in the a*s*

On my home PC the default printer is colour.

Thanks for the help.

Pimpers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…