Excel - Unwanted Reviewing Toolbar

interzone55 13:35 09 Dec 05

Whenever I open a spreadsheet sent via Outlook I get the Reviewing Toolbar.

This takes up valuable screen space, so I have to close it.

Is there any way to stop this ever appearing again?

I've done the bit in outlook to stop it opening when I send a spreadsheet to someone else.

huzzar 14:39 09 Dec 05

Anywhere on the toolbar (any Toolbar) right-click and deselect the reviewing toolbar by clicking on it to remove the tick.

interzone55 20:27 09 Dec 05

Huzzar, thanks, but this just closes the toolbar, I want it to die forever.

VoG II 20:41 09 Dec 05

Do you still get the toolbar if you save the attachment and then open it?

interzone55 16:24 10 Dec 05

I don't know about that.

I know what causes this toolbar to appear, there's an option in Outlook 2002 and 2003 for adding reviewing facilities to Office attachments, this enables you to add to the file and save the changes, then you can return the attachment to the sender and the changes will be highlighted. This option can be turned off in outlook, and has been since the day I started using it at work, for files I send out, but not received files.

If I want to track changes to documents I would bring up the relevant tools and do it myself, I don't need an automatic toolbar, in much the same way as I don't want clippy telling me how to write a letter.

I've found a way to banish the toolbar in word by adding a macro to the normal.dot file, I just need a way to do this in excel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…