Excel Time Sheet Calc

Jester2K II 13:51 11 Aug 03

I'm sure i had / saw a thread on this before but can't find it.

In Excel its possible to make a time sheet to calculate people working hours. I can do the normal 9-5 bit minus 1 hour for lunch etc.

I'm now having problems again on calculating overnight shifts. ie 9pm to 6am. Currently it throws an error cos its a negative.

There is a way to make Excel calculate this simply.

There is a way because i told a friend and now both she and i have lost the original worksheet.....

Jester2K II 14:44 11 Aug 03

Just remembered VoGs on holiday...... :-(

seedie 14:51 11 Aug 03

VoG did one for glasgow Mary a few weeks ago, I have a copy of it which I can send as an attachment if you wish. Dunno if it caters for night shifts or not.

Jester2K II 14:54 11 Aug 03

seedie - cheers. I've got the basic time sheet just i can't nail down this formula and get the formatting right to work.

Annoying as i spent ages getting the formula to work (at the end of the month it added up the hours in todays etc) but thats was months ago and i thought she'd used it. Turns out shes deleted it days before needing it!!!

Worth a look though- i'll e-mail you..

Jester2K II 14:56 11 Aug 03

at the end of the month it added up the hours in todays etc

should be

at the end of the month it added up the hours in to days etc

GroupFC 14:59 11 Aug 03

If you put Excel and Formula in the search boxes and all discussions, titles and postings you will get 100 hits!

I am sure what you want will be in there somewhere, with the appropiate comments from the maestro!

Good Luck.

Jester2K II 15:00 11 Aug 03

I've tried that.

I know its got something to do with using

[h]:mm instead of h:mm

But its eluding me...

GroupFC 15:04 11 Aug 03

Have a look at these two and see if they help click here and click here.

Jester2K II 15:13 11 Aug 03

seedie - thanks for the spreadsheet - sadly no use. VoG was doing normal 9 - 5 working...

GroupFC - close but not quite. Sure i'm getting closer though with everyones help.

seedie 15:22 11 Aug 03

had a look at sheet used to keep track of wife's hours

Working say from 13:30 to 01:30 shows -12 hrs.

Could this be solved by including the date and the time?

Dirty method would be to multiply by -1 if less than zero

pj123 15:31 11 Aug 03

Jester2K II. That might have been a response from me to a similar posting a very long time ago. I have a time sheet in excel format that will do it, but you have to end the time on at 2359 and start it again at 0001 but you can add the 2 lost minutes to the time. If you want a copy to try it out email me and I will send it to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…