Excel startup

csmum 11:03 11 Oct 05

When I open Excel a "Personal" worksheet is automatically loaded (this appears to contain my macros). However, since Excel crashed a week ago I had 2 versions of this trying to open (the 2nd by Norton Crashguard). I renamed the Norton version but it still opens so I have 2 open now. Not a major problem but can I stop the 2nd opening? Have looked in Help and it pointed me to the Start Up menu but that only reads C:\windows\Excel, no mention of Personal.

Thanks

Simsy 11:39 11 Oct 05

Excel does actually open, I'd try a "repair" of Excel.

This is available from the "Help" menu; Help>Detect and Repair.

You may need your Office/Excel installation disc.

Good Luck,

Regards,

Simsy

TonyV 11:49 11 Oct 05

It may be that you need to have a look at your Alternate Start up file Location. Open a work book, then Options/General and look in the "Alternate Start up file Location". This may help you.

TonyV

TonyV 11:56 11 Oct 05

Alternately, click on Help/Answer Wizard and enter "Control how Microsoft Excel starts". This will give you a method of selecting specific files to open when Excel Starts.

TonyV

csmum 14:39 11 Oct 05

Thanks guys! Went to Help and entered the suggested question and was directed to something called XLstart - deleted the Safe back up file that had been stored there so now only the Personal workbook opens when I start excel. Result...

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…