//some 3rd party need geo

Excel spreadsheet into Access - possible?

goffer23 23:55 14 Jul 05

I have an XL spread sheet from which I would like to set up a database. Is it possible to insert the info easily into an Access table without having to re-type it all? Abortive attempts so far! - there must be a way (isn't there?)

lotvic 00:31 15 Jul 05

found this that might work click here

TIP #10: BRING EXCEL DATA INTO ACCESS (Versions 7.0 & 97)
"""To bring data from a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet into Access, first open both programs and minimize Access.

Highlight the data in Excel that you want to import into Access. Point to the edge of the highlighted data, then ctrl/drag to the Taskbar and hold above the Access icon (DO NOT release the mouse button) until Access opens up.

Access will automatically import the data. """

Simsy 06:57 15 Jul 05

the "HELP" in Excel 2002;

Import Excel data to an Access database

1.Make sure the Microsoft Excel data is in list format: each column has a label in the first row and contains similar facts, and there are no blank rows or columns within the list.

2.Close the Excel workbook that contains the data you want to use in Microsoft Access.

3.In Access, open the database where you want to copy the Excel data.

4.On the Access File menu, point to Get External Data, and then click Import.

5.In the Import dialog box, click Microsoft Excel in the Files of type box.

6.In the Look in list, locate the file you want to import, and then double-click the file.

7.Follow the directions in the Import Spreadsheet Wizard.

For more information about this wizard and Access, click Display Help after the wizard is finished.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Simsy

Rand Al Thor 08:58 15 Jul 05

If you want to do it automatically, i.e. from within Access, have a look at the TransferSpreadsheet method in the help.

goffer23 10:41 15 Jul 05

lotvic,Simsy,Rand Al Thor - thanks for your replies, problem now sorted. Found Simssy's method the most staightforward and worked a treat.
Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…