Excel Sheet Protect / Unprotect Password Recovery

StuFromPoole 18:43 27 Feb 11

To VoG™ and all that could perhaps help. At work, I have been tasked with rejuvenating / reinventing a complex scheduling system created a few years ago by another employee. This employee has now left the company and has taken known passwords with him. The workbook / worksheets can be opened without a password, but elements of the worksheets are protected against change / update. I can use one of many online tools to remove the passwords entirely, but the workbook has been really well set up; it would take me ages to replicate the protect / unprotect settings on each of the many sheets in use. Complex macros make starting from scratch out of the question. So my question is simply, is there a piece of Freeware that will recover rather than remove the associated password(s)? Thanks. Stuart.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:00 27 Feb 11
  VoG II 20:03 27 Feb 11
  StuFromPoole 08:51 28 Feb 11

Fruit Bat - I have seen this program before and whilst it suggests that it will do just what I want, it is in fact only the demo version that returns no detail. To register the software there is a fee of $89.

VoG - Thanks for the pointer. Again, this is something I have seen before. This software strips out password protection. What I am after is a recovery tool rather than removal, though.

VoG II 08:55 28 Feb 11

This click here as far as I know will give you the password without stripping it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017