excel scroll bar

diwedd 15:40 PM 08 Aug 11

The horizontal scroll bar in Excel 2010 has disappeared. I have gone into OPTIONS, ADVANCED & it is shown as DISPLAYED yet it is not there. I'm sure it's hidden somewhere but can't access it. Please help

mgmcc 08:49 AM 09 Aug 11

Has the left of the scroll bar somehow been dragged along to the right end so that its length is effectively zero and it appears to have disappeared? If so, grab the left end and drag it back to about a third of the way from the left of the program's window.

diwedd 09:43 AM 09 Aug 11

Thanks - tried that but couldn't quite find where to drag it from. However, from another source, I found this info which worked a treat This is what you do: 1. ensure the application is selected. 2. hold down 'Alt' key then press the 'Spacebar'. 3. (release 'Alt' key) press 'x' key - see the application full screen. 4. hold down the 'Alt' key then press the '-' (dash) key. 5. (release 'Alt' key) press 'x' key - see the document window fill the application. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…