Excel Ranking

Karenbhamra 10:36 29 Aug 07

I hope someone can help me. I am trying to produce a score sheet for up to 20 players. I have player names in column A and their final score in column D. I have then ranked the final score...all well and good. However where i same rank ties it jumps the next number in the sequence.I need to extract player name for all who placed 1st second and third. Bearing in ming that 1 week i may just have 1 1st winner and the next week i may have 3. The extracted player names have to update dynamically. Can anyone think of a solution?

Fermat's Theorem 11:17 29 Aug 07

Please clarify - If players A, B, and C share joint first, do you want the next highest player(s) to be labelled as second, not fourth?

Karenbhamra 11:22 29 Aug 07

If there are 3 1st, 1 2nd and 3 3rd placed winners i need to list all. So a winners list might look like this

player 1, 1st place
player 2, 1st place
Player 3, 1st place
Player 4, 2nd Place
Player 5, 3rd Place
Player 6, 3rd Place

Fermat's Theorem 11:26 29 Aug 07

Unfortunately, I have to leave my computer now (but, maybe not that unfortunately because the sun in shining) - but I will work on the problem tonight if you haven't had a solution by then :-)

Chris the Ancient 16:32 29 Aug 07

The 'Help' menu in Excel? There is a good page there on 'rank' (at least there is in XL2003).

Fermat's Theorem 21:16 29 Aug 07

but this link click here might give you some ideas :-)

Karenbhamra 08:57 30 Aug 07

Thanks!!!! I sorted the ranking with help from this link!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…