Excel question, conditional formatting (or another way)

exdragon 15 Jan 13
Answered

Hi - I have a spreadsheet with data in columns A - J and thousands of rows. I want to highlight a particular row if I put the word 'no' into any cell in column B, in any row.

I don't want to just fill the individual cell and I only want the highlight to go from A to J. I've tried various examples of conditional formatting but I'm not getting what I want.

Could someone point me in the right direction, please? It's Excel 2007.

"I want to highlight a particular row if I put the word 'no' into any cell in column B, in any row"

Always the same row, no matter in which row the 'no' is entered?

exdragon 19 Jan 13

It's whatever row I put 'no' in - so if it's in rows 256, 1026 and 1069, I'd like to have each of those rows highlighted.

TonyV 19 Jan 13
Answer

exdragon

Have a look here. Conditional Format in Excel 2007

TonyV

exdragon 20 Jan 13

TonyV - you're a star, it worked a treat once I scrolled down to see that, if I wanted to use a word rather than a number, I had to use "no" rather than just no in the formula.

Many thanks.

TonyV 20 Jan 13

exdragon

Glad you were able to make use of it. It was certainly a useful site to look at. You are right, when you refer to text, you need the " ".

Cheers

TonyV

exdragon 20 Jan 13

I'll bookmark it!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message