Excel question, conditional formatting (or another way)

exdragon 15:38 PM 15 Jan 13
Answered

Hi - I have a spreadsheet with data in columns A - J and thousands of rows. I want to highlight a particular row if I put the word 'no' into any cell in column B, in any row.

I don't want to just fill the individual cell and I only want the highlight to go from A to J. I've tried various examples of conditional formatting but I'm not getting what I want.

Could someone point me in the right direction, please? It's Excel 2007.

tasslehoff burrfoot 22:07 PM 18 Jan 13

"I want to highlight a particular row if I put the word 'no' into any cell in column B, in any row"

Always the same row, no matter in which row the 'no' is entered?

exdragon 15:02 PM 19 Jan 13

It's whatever row I put 'no' in - so if it's in rows 256, 1026 and 1069, I'd like to have each of those rows highlighted.

TonyV 15:53 PM 19 Jan 13
Answer

exdragon

Have a look here. Conditional Format in Excel 2007

TonyV

exdragon 10:54 AM 20 Jan 13

TonyV - you're a star, it worked a treat once I scrolled down to see that, if I wanted to use a word rather than a number, I had to use "no" rather than just no in the formula.

Many thanks.

TonyV 20:11 PM 20 Jan 13

exdragon

Glad you were able to make use of it. It was certainly a useful site to look at. You are right, when you refer to text, you need the " ".

Cheers

TonyV

exdragon 20:38 PM 20 Jan 13

I'll bookmark it!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…