excel question

sunny staines 15:08 23 Oct 06

I have office XP and need to circulate some spreadsheets, most people have office XP OR 2003. but a few are useing office97, office 2000 and office works. will the last three users be able to view & amend any spread sheets I send them? as they will need to email amendments back to me.

emperor 15:25 23 Oct 06

You should be able to save the spreadsheets in a format that is usable by earlier versions of Excel - look in File > Save as ... menu list.

The problem with this is if the spreadsheet uses features not present in those earlier versions, in which case using this method would not be sensible.

VoG II 15:26 23 Oct 06

I think the user with Works may have a problem. Works spreadsheet can only handle one sheet at a time I believe so if the workbook contains multiple sheets they would only nsee the first one. All of the versions of Excel that you listed should be OK.

sunny staines 15:32 23 Oct 06

emperor & vog they will be simple sheets with a few formulas and afew tabs no charts or graphics or fancy stuff.
is there a view download that works office could get as an add on.

Rand Al Thor 15:37 23 Oct 06

You vcan view, but not too sure your users will be able to amend. Send it as an Excel 97 spreadsheet. If you go to Save As, you get the option to save it in the format of your choice

sunny staines 16:22 23 Oct 06

rand, vog,emperor,
thanks will post out my excel sheets tonight might have to covince some upgrading, will the new google display excel spreadsheets? just a hope.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…