Excel Question

dazwm 09:52 10 Oct 06

I have a spreadsheet and I want to put the date in a cell as 10-10 for example. I then want to use the black cross so that it enters all the way down the column but when I do it goes up a day at a time but I want 10-10 to enter in each cell. How please?

Gongoozler 10:00 10 Oct 06

Try instead using Fill. Highlight source cell and the cells you want filled, then select Edit - Fill - Down.

pj123 10:01 10 Oct 06

Use the right mouse button on the black cross and drag down and then select copy cells.

Eric10 10:08 10 Oct 06

Alternatively, hold down the Ctrl key as you drag.

dazwm 10:24 10 Oct 06

Thanks, a varied few answers there. I was hoping there was a change I could make so that when I double-clicked the black cross it would fire the date down to each cell.

brambles 10:43 10 Oct 06

If you have 10-10 on one row - now type 10-10 on second row - now select both rows and it will all drag down 10-10 as far as you want

Brambles

Gongoozler 14:07 12 Oct 06

dazwm, the only way I can think of to do what you want is to set up a macro to implement the action based on one of the solutions offered, and to assign that macro to a button or keyboard shortcut. I can't see how it can be done just by double clicking the black cross because Excel doesn't know how many cells to fill - or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…