Excel Question

J B 10:47 17 Jul 06

Last week we had a real bad fire at the house that completely gutted the garage. Now that I have to deal with Loss Adjusters and the like, I need to make a list of all the contents as well as estimated cost of all the goods inside. At the moment I am using Word to list all the items, however I was thinking of using Excel for the final product. I only have a very basic knowledge of Excel, so would it be better to continue with word, or use Excel? If Excel is the way to go how would I set it up to do my list with the minium of fuss and still get a esay to read document at the end of the exersize? J.B.

VoG II 11:07 17 Jul 06

I would have thought it would be easier to do this in Excel. Just enter the items in Column A and estimated values in Column B. You can format Column B as £ by clicking on the B heading to select the column then clicking the currency toolbar button.

To total the estimated costs in a column other than B enter the formula

=SUM(B:B)

You should be able to copy what you already have in Word and Paste into Excel.

ArrGee 11:08 17 Jul 06

Sorry to hear of the loss. Excel is definately your better bet. Let me know what level of information you want in it and I'll set up a spreadsheet and e-mail it over to you. All you'll then need to do is fill in the details.

J B 17:01 17 Jul 06

Thanks for the replies, I think I will be able to do that, if I have any trouble I will email ArrGee. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…