Excel problems

lazanda 11:48 06 Jul 03

Everytime I go into excel, I do a chart, but when I select chart wizard I get a microsoft error message saying excel has to close.

I have tried reinstalling office again and even repair but it does not work, does the same thing.

Can anyone shed any light ?

Thanks a lot,
Paul.

graham√ 11:56 06 Jul 03

Operating System?

lazanda 11:58 06 Jul 03

Sorry - WIn xp pro

grahamðB?ã 12:17 06 Jul 03

Anything else in the message? Or in Windows Error Log?

lazanda 12:19 06 Jul 03

Just says the norm, 'microsoft excel will have to close now due to an error' then send error report or not send. (I have sent it to them).

grahamðB?ã 12:27 06 Jul 03

Microsoft should be able to suggest a remedy from the error report. Does the same thing happen if you select 'chart' from the 'insert' menu?

lazanda 12:31 06 Jul 03

I will give it a try - will come back in a while...

much appreciated, thanks Graham.

lazanda 12:46 06 Jul 03

does the same thing when you go into insert - chart.

graham√ 13:03 06 Jul 03

It's a mystery. Our Excel guru has not responded so far, you may have to wait for him to show.

This is the Microsoft up-date centre, but I can't see anything pertaining click here

As you have tried re-installing, has this always happened? If so, the office installation disk must be corrupted. If only recently, you could try System Restore to a time when it worked.

lazanda 13:13 06 Jul 03

I am not sure, this is the first time I have used chart wizard so it may well be. Although my OS is xp pro, my office disk is old (Office 2000) so it may be time for me to update by buying office xp.

I will try this link and wait just in case the excel chap knows anything, I will leav it open for now,

Once again, thanks very much.

P.

Megatyte 13:18 06 Jul 03

Are you selecting your data range before clicking Chart Wizard?

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…