Excel problems

lazanda 10:24 26 Aug 03

Every time I try to do chart wizard or office assistant in excel I get the microsoft has to close message with no exception.

I have done MS updates, office updates, reloaded the whole of office 2000 from my disks, I have made sure that everything is present and correct and it still does it.

O/S XP pro. Office 2k pro

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot,

L.

tbh72 11:47 26 Aug 03

Does the error message refer to any "DLL" file as an exception. I remember suffering a similiar problem. The problem occured when an installation copied a newer version of a "DLL" file. When I restored the original "DLL" file, by using the find file command the office suite worked fine again.

I am by no means suggesting this is your solution & would wait for further advise before proceeding to apdate "DLL" files.

lazanda 12:07 26 Aug 03

Hi,

No, there is just the message 'MS has encountered a problem and has to close...' no refernces at all.

Many Thanks

L.

Peverelli 12:12 26 Aug 03

Is there anything in 'event viewer' that could give you a clue?

lazanda 12:59 26 Aug 03

I will look, but I am not sure how I should act on what I find anyway ?

L

Peverelli 13:31 26 Aug 03

You could copy the message here and hope somebody will know the fix.

lazanda 13:44 26 Aug 03

I will do that tonight and come back. Thanks Peverelli.

lazanda 21:05 26 Aug 03

It says this when I look at the properties of the 'event viewer'

faulting application excel.exe, version 9.0.0.6627, faulting module mso9.dll, version 9.0.0.6926 fault address 0x0026297c

anyone have any idea what this means and how I fix it ?

Thanks a million !

Peverelli 00:12 27 Aug 03

I think you can download mso9.dll from here: click here

Rename your present mso9.dll to mso9.old and then install the new one in its place. If this causes more disruption than it's worth, you can always delete the 'new' file and rename the 'old' one back to its original name - and then come back here. Hope it works for you.

Good luck.

lazanda 09:53 27 Aug 03

Thanks once again Peverelli, I will try it tomorrow when home.

lazanda 14:09 28 Aug 03

Installed new mso9 file and no difference at all.

still will not open chart wizard

L.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…