Excel problem

Housten 09 Oct 11

Good afternoon,

What I want/would like to do I think is not possible, but I am going to ask anyway! We have some shares and I download prices from our broker’s site to a spreadsheet, but only the following day. So yesterday – the 8th – I obtained the share prices of the 7th. What I have is a column beside this that takes the price and deducts from the previous day’s price [ in this case the 6th ], so I know the daily change. But to do this I have to edit the first share listed and then copy and paste to all the other shares. Does anyone know if there is an instruction that I can write/give Excel that will do it automatically? I realise that I will probably have to continue doing the editing/pasting on Tuesdays because of the 3 day delay, but it would be nice to have it done automatically the rest of the time!!

Many thanks in anticipation

Housten 10 Oct 11

Good afternoon,

Doesn't anyone have an idea whether or not what I wish to do is even possible?

Any help/thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message