excel pop quiz

broggs 14:59 28 Oct 05

hello..i am struggling with a quiz which is in excel.basically there are 270 pictures of the pop groups with a cell underneath.you type the name of the group underneath the picture and if it is right, correct appears between the picture and your answer.
I have nearly done it ,40 to get but i cant get any more.Is there any way that I can get the answers from the cells by using a formula.
thanks

Bren.ie 15:53 28 Oct 05

Sounds as if an "If" function has been inserted between answer cell and picture.

If you click on cell where "Correct" appears.
Click fX (function button above Column C) and you will see formula which should contain answer.

VoG II 16:06 28 Oct 05

The sheet is probably password protected to prevent you from viewing the formulas.

pauldonovan 16:06 28 Oct 05

...usually there are lots of hidden columns and potentially hidden vba code and more likely than not the spreadsheet is protected. If you really want to you can buy/find a good excel password cracker to get the password then unlock and unhide the columns/vba code to figure out what's going on. Surely getting the answers that way defeats the object, or do you just want to know out of curiosity?

VoG II 16:19 28 Oct 05

I've just examined a similar Excel file (car quiz). It *was* password protected and it *did* contain very hidden sheets.

It is possible to 'unlock' such protected files but that would spoil the fun for you!

broggs 16:21 28 Oct 05

thanks...it is password protected.we have been doing it at work now for three weeks and are all curious to find the answera.we have more or less given up.

VoG II 16:33 28 Oct 05

You should have mail. If not try sending me a message via the yellow envelope.

esbe 16:34 28 Oct 05

If it's the same one as I've got - you can do a search for 'pop quiz' on google, I think the author of it is 'blackeyed playboy'

have fun.

esbe 16:44 28 Oct 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…