onto Excel now keyboard works

Ray5776 21:41 12 Jun 07

Hi again,
can anyone tell me if I can do this.
I want to creat a very narrow column, only one number/digit wide at the far right of my sheet and when I make an entry for example a tick it will change the font colour of another entry in the same row.

ray

VoG II 21:48 12 Jun 07

To make a narrow column, click on the column divider and drag it to the left.

To format another column depending upon that entry use Conditional Formatting. Tutorials click here

Ray5776 22:20 12 Jun 07

Hi Vog, thanks for the link, can`t you just tell me how to do it :-)

ray

Ray5776 22:28 12 Jun 07

I suppose I could use a 1 or a Y instead of a tick.

Ray5776 22:31 12 Jun 07

No it would have to be a numerical value looking at it. ie 1 not a letter or tick.

Ray5776 19:06 13 Jun 07

Thanks for the link Vog, interesting site.
Still not sure exactly how to do what I require which is if I enter any value in column Q then the font colour of the cell in column J on the same row changes to black.

Ray

Ray5776 19:22 14 Jun 07

bump

VoG II 19:26 14 Jun 07

What formula have you used for the conditional format?

Ray5776 20:28 14 Jun 07

Hi Vog,
I have not yet worked out a formula,
looking on the lines of enter into row Q
Cell value greater than 0 =J change the font to black
Obviously not using these words this is the basic idea.
Whilst I found the link helpful re Excell it also seems to be a lesson in American speedtalk, can it be paused or slowed down so that the less experienced of us
have a chance to take it on board without having to do constant replay

Ray

Ray5776 20:32 14 Jun 07

It would be useful if I had "greater than" a nanosecond to copy an example formula.

VoG II 20:38 14 Jun 07

I'm assuming that you want column J to change colour when there is an entry in column Q. Also that you are *not* using Excel 2007.

Click in J1, Format > Conditional Formatting. Change Cell Value Is: to Formula Is:. In the formula box enter

=Q1>0

Then click the Format button and select your formatting, then OK your way out.

Click the Format Painter toolbar icon (painbrush) then select as many rows in J that you want this format to apply to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…