Excel - Not enough memory to run

port6 14:40 12 Feb 05

Whenever i try to start excel i recieve the error message'Not enough memory to Microsoft Excel'

I am using Windows 98.

Suggestiosn where to start please - all otehr Mocrosft office products are running ok.

VoG II 14:45 12 Feb 05

Possibly click here

port6 15:00 12 Feb 05

Unfortunately not.

I currently already have 'Let windows manage my virtual memory' switched on.

If i select the 'Let me sppecify my own virtual memory settings' i am able to select figures between Minimum 0 and maximum 1555Mb.

I have 1.51G fee on C: Drive

VoG II 15:03 12 Feb 05

Which version of Excel is it?

port6 15:49 12 Feb 05

Excel 97 - which i've just tried reloading, to no improvement.

If i try to open Ecel via Windows Explorer i get the following message:
"Microsft Excel requires the file 'MSO7enu.DLL' to run. Run Setup again to assure proper installation"

VoG II 15:58 12 Feb 05
  port6 16:26 12 Feb 05

Nearly there ...?

CAUSE
This behavior can occur if the file Mso7enu.dll or Mso7sve.dll is moved, deleted, or corrupted.

NOTE: The file named in the error message is incorrect. The name should be Mso7enu.dll.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, re-install Microsoft Office 97. If the issue persists, locate a copy of Mso7enu.dll and Mso7sve.dll and copy them to the following location:
Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office

I have used Find in Eplorer and file Mso7enu.dll are already there. However i cannot find the other named file Mso7sve.dll by the same method - is it this that has gone missing / corrupt?
How do you get a further / replacement file?

VoG II 16:33 12 Feb 05

Have you tried searching the Office 97 CD for it?

port6 17:29 12 Feb 05

No joy.

A search on Google led me to filegurus.com but they don't appear to have a copy of it either.

A search on Microsfot leads me back to your earlier link.

Further suggestions?

JIM 17:56 12 Feb 05

paypal etc/ebay i think?

for the dll. mso7sve.dll 495,8 KB

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…