excel master sheet query

peug417 17:38 21 Aug 14

Hi its been 3 years since I posted and looking at the site im not even sure if this is the right forum to post, as i cant see any of my old excel guru's.

But if you don't ask you don't get as they say..

I have a multiple page workbook with several pages of student information of courses and results, I am looking for a way collating all the information from the course tabs onto the front master sheet. The names will always be columns a and b though they may appear in different rows in the course tabs. results achieved will not be in the same columns on each tab either. not sure if a formula would be available but I suspect it may be a vba route any help would be appreciated ..

peug417 19:40 29 Aug 14

There was a response to this though it has dropped off. More information on the project.. There are a number of courses students can do so there are up to nine sheets with the names of the students from each course on cols A & B. the qualifications achieved from each course are in the next 3 cols. the master sheet at the front has the names of all the students from all the courses and the qualifications gained. Students can do more than one course so their names need to be collated across more than one sheet with their qualifications.. any help appreciated..

Forum Editor 23:20 30 Aug 14

Transferred to Tech Helproom from Digital Home and Smartphones help.

lotvic 00:13 31 Aug 14

I think you would be better to post your query in the forum at www.mrexcel.com/ Don't know if he's still around but that's where VoG was :)

Woolwell 10:08 31 Aug 14

I did respond to your previous post. I still think that this would be better with a relational database rather than Excel. There was another reply too.

Woolwell 10:09 31 Aug 14

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…