Excel -Lock Cells

Terry Brown 21:18 08 May 06

I nhave devised a spreadsheet, and I need to lock formula's(Make unchangable) by the user.

I am using Excel 2003.

I can lock the whole sheet, but how do I lock certain cells only ?
Thanks
Terry

tasslehoff burrfoot 21:26 08 May 06

On the cells that you want to be unlocked, right click and click protection.

Remove the tick from locked.

Protect the sheet in the normal way and these cells will be editable

mammak 21:33 08 May 06

select cells in question format cells protection tab lock cells and then again tools if you want to add protection if you want to add a password

VoG II 22:08 08 May 06

The above advice is good. To do this easily go to Edit/Go to, click the Special button and select Formulas then click OK. Cells containing formulas will now be selected. Then click Format > Cells and untick protection. Then protect the sheet.

VoG II 22:15 08 May 06

Sorry, before doing that select the entire sheet by clicking on the grey oblong between 1 and A, Format > Cells, untick protection. Then go to Edit/Go to, click the Special button and select Formulas then click OK. Cells containing formulas will now be selected. Then click Format > Cells and TICK protection. Then protect the sheet.

mammak 22:52 08 May 06

Vogtn not ever would I argue with you but would not format cells be as easy as edit go to special??

mammak 22:54 08 May 06

Oh heck I have quetioned Vogtm sorry mate

VoG II 23:03 08 May 06

You and any other forum members can question me of course. You seem to think that I'm some sort of demigod residing in Excel heaven. Well I'm not - I'm just an ordinary bloke who knows a bit about Excel and trying to help others out.

Edit > Goto > Special > Formulas will automatically select all the cells containing formulas. This makes it easier to apply protection, colour the cells or whatever you want to do with them.

mammak 23:12 08 May 06

I am sorry Vogtm no offence intented I will go now ok

Terry Brown 20:01 09 May 06

Thank you all, especially VOG, I thought it was just a matter of selecting the cells you wanted and click protect. Why am I not suprised that with microsoft software, it's rarely as easy as it sounds.
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…