Excel Launching 2 ways

Noldi 19:31 07 May 05

I seem to have 2 different versions of Excel launching. This has happened since my computer returned from having a memory upgrade and some hardware problems sorted.
The top version gives me the XP version (3D symbols) this seems to be launching through IE so is this licensed , the second gives me windows classic (I have my system set as windows classic for faster loading) . Can I delete the Quick launch icon (1st IE version) from the tool bar at the bottom screen and create a new one from start programmes.
NOTE I use all my software in German for professional reasons hence the spelling in the information bellow
Anwendungsdaten = Application data

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\myname\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Startmenü\Programme

The one small thing that bothers me is this Excel seemingly running through the internet?

Noldi

stalion 19:33 07 May 05

VoG™ willbe along in a mo good evening VoG™

Noldi 19:36 07 May 05

Cheers
And my kids are itching to get on MSN so I will be Back in a hour

stalion 20:40 07 May 05

^^

VoG II 21:17 07 May 05

Completely baffled.

Can you start the explanation again please?

Evening stalion.

Noldi 22:02 07 May 05

Its On my Machine and im Baffled
Basicaly
I can start Excel from start programms and this comes as Excel as I would expect it to appear (windows classic toolbars).
If I start it from a Quick launch button at the bottom of the screen next to the clock it starts Excel and other Office aplications with the xp 3d icons so its clear they are seperate programs. As i posted the short cut info from both it seems to be launching this via IE, This I dont understand how I can be acsessing MS office via the internet and if this is safe to do so. The guy who changed a few things with my computer will be back Tue so if we dont find a sollution or explenation for this I will get a answer from him and post it. I now Excel quite well and I think this comes from a updte of MS office maybe?

Regards Noldi

VoG II 22:14 07 May 05

What is "Anwendungsdaten" in English please?

VoG II 22:15 07 May 05

ignore that.

stalion 22:17 07 May 05

"Anwendungsdaten"= Application data

Noldi 10:09 08 May 05

Sorry VOG I was not with it yesterday. I wondered if there has been a blank workbook down loaded and saved to the toolbar but checked that and its not. I understand the path C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Startmenü\Programme and because this launches with Windows classic I assume it is the correct one. The Quick launch I understand up to Application data and the mention of Internet Explorer, I notice that one is all users and the second is administrator? (Chuter).

I have written this on Word (programme version) and its now locking up when copying the properties information across and copying this to the forum so I think its better to return my machine to the guy who worked on my computer last time before I lose some important work, If any body in the Forum has a answer for the reasons behind this please let me know. The path to this problem ? is below.
Thanks Stallion and VOG for trying to help.

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Chuter\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch

Translations :- und Einstellungen =and settings, Anwendungsdaten= Application Data

The PCA forum is the best I have also run a thread on a German site and not one single answer.

The Quick Launch facility 'belongs' to Internet Explorer so IE will always appear in the Path of anything from the QL, therefore there is no need to worry on that count.

I am intrigued at the apparent difference in display of the excel programme, are you saying that you do not own the XP version of excel?, or, do you have an earlier version of excel still in your computer? If the latter than I would gues that the 2 methods of opening point to different versions.

As far as I am aware you can not change the appearance of any version of excel, unless it is one of those TweakUI things that I must really have a look at sometime....

Do post the final outcome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…