Excel Hyperlinks

Sealer 19:29 15 Mar 05

When i use a hyperlink to go to a named range, the whole range is highlighted. can i stop this from happening? If i go to a cell reference it may be in the center of my workspace and not in the left upper corner as i would like. Unfortunatly its "Excel 97" Thanks

norasan 21:44 15 Mar 05

Hi Sealer
Out of curiosity I did an example in Excel 2003 same things happens! So not a bug then. Suggest you make a single cell name range just above or next to the range you want and hyperlink to that.
Good luck

Sealer 21:01 16 Mar 05

Cheers for that, But the prob remains that it put the cell reference in the middle of my sheet. The only exception is cell A1 (home)

Hi Sealer,

I duplicated your scenario having defined a named range called 'Trial' from I10 to K20 and when the hyperlink is selected the whole range is highlighted.

As Norasan suggested, I then put another named range called 'TrialStart' in for the cell at the top left of the original Trial range (I10) and all worked as you required.

"But the prob remains that it put the cell reference in the middle of my sheet." Not entirely clear what you mean by this?

HTH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…