Excel help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!

Bazz669 23:29 16 Dec 06

HIya people,
Ive an annoying problem in xcell. I have created 2 different sheets that both work fine. I want to take the value of a cell on 1 sheet and display it on the other. The cell containing the original data, displays the results of a formula, relating to cells in that sheet.
Basically i want the result of the formula in a cell on 1 sheet to be displayed in a dofferent workbook totally. I have tried simple copying but this just copies the value and dosent update.
I hope this makes sense, I have rewrote it 3 times as it was confussing ME!!
Thanks for your help guys :)

VoG II 23:36 16 Dec 06

This is not clear. Are you talking about different sheets in the same workbook or sheets in different workbooks?

Bazz669 23:39 16 Dec 06

Well its in 2 different workbooks but it wouldnt be too much of a problem to copy everything into another sheet in the same workbook if this makes things easier

VoG II 23:45 16 Dec 06

It would make things easier - otherwise you will need to have both workbooks open for the link to update.

To display the result of A54 on Sheet1 in a cell in Sheet2

='Sheet1'!A54

With different workbooks it would be

='[Book1]Sheet1'!A54

Bazz669 00:03 17 Dec 06

thanks a lot that works great!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…