Excel help please

snowman 21:37 25 Mar 03

Can anyone help with this problem.

Is it possible to link excel spreadsheet to word.

I have an invoice in excel from A1:P43 that prints out.

I would like to keep an electronic copy in word that pastes only the data into word and then adds a page break ready for the next entry.

Is this possible using Vb in excel and word or do you need additional programming software?

VoG™ 22:10 25 Mar 03

The easiest way to do this is to record a macro in Word.

With your Excel file open, start Word and Tools/Macro/Record new macro.

Assign the macro to a keyboard function (e.g. CTRL+I).

Do all the actions necessary to transfer the information from Excel to Word. Then stop the macro recorder.

The next time you need to do this, make sure the Excel Workbook is open, start Word and press your keyboard shortcut.

A question - why? Wouldn't it be easier to print the invoice directly from Excel?

snowman 22:23 25 Mar 03

Thanks for the reply. I will try that.

I do print it from excel but i would like an electronic copy for faster access to the information instead of searching through the paper.

A question

Is it possible to link the process from excel Vb to run the macro in Word

VoG™ 22:31 25 Mar 03

Your question - I believe that is possible but that's beyond my meagre knowledge. Somebody else here may know or you could try click here - total Office gurus.

snowman 22:35 25 Mar 03

Thanks i will check that out and close this discussion for the time being

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…