Excel help please!

Lokit 09:02 25 Apr 05

The problem!

I have totals to enter on a daily basis for input and output.

How can I update running totals for the month.

For instance :

For May say - 31 daily entries - rows 1 to 31 - running total row 32. I need 32 to show monthly running total as I enter each daily total into 1 to 31.

Thanks.

Praxis99 09:29 25 Apr 05

Inserting a simple sum formula in row 32 ie =sum(row1:row31) should be all you need the result of which will be zero until you start adding daily data.

Lokit 09:43 25 Apr 05

Simple when you know how!

Thanks!

Now problem two!

A similar request but I need to show a total again in row 32 but this time as data is entered in each of rows 1 to 31 I want it to minus from a carried forward figure.

For instance X is carried forward from April. Entering data for rows 1 to 31 for May will show a total equal to [X minus daily amount = running total in row 32]

Thanks again!

Ixtana`ran 11:12 25 Apr 05

very similar to the first answer =sum(row1:row31)-X , where x = row with figure you need subtracting.

Most of this is explained in Excel help or if you are going to be using it a lot take an online course.

Lokit 12:10 25 Apr 05

Thanks for the advice and solutions.

I don't have Excel on this machine and am emailing the solution to a third party.

The problems are solved.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…