Excel Help Please

Taurus 17:58 09 Apr 04

Is there anybody who can help. I have tried everywhere, but I'm at a loss. Can anyone tell me how to get Excel 2002 to calculate hours and minutes. What I need to do is calculate hours worked from two cells, one with start time and one with end time, e.g. 08:00 - 17:30.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

VoG II 18:03 09 Apr 04

With 08:00 in A1 and 17:30 in B1 then in C1 enter the formula:

which should display "09:30"

If you will be generating time differences that exceed 24 hours then you will need to to apply a custom format to C1

Larrytheone 18:04 09 Apr 04

If you select the cells you wish to report & calculate 'time' right click, select format cells & chose 'time' hope this helps

Taurus 18:14 09 Apr 04

Thanks guys, easy when you know how. The problem I was having was that I had the cells formatted as numbers and not, time so I was getting some strange results. "Stupid is as stupid does my momma used to say"

pickle factory 18:14 09 Apr 04

If that looks a bit too much like a time of day for you you could ammend VoG's format to h"hrs" m"mins" whether +24hrs or not, purely visual choice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…