Excel help please

Bluebird 15:34 12 Feb 04

I use Excel for my home accounting. However I had a major computer crash so reformatted after saving my data. Upon re-installing and restoring my Excel I can no longer change the Tabs colour at the bottom of the page. I used to right click on them and change the colour but all I get now is INSERT/DELETE/RENAME/MOVE OR COPY/SELECT ALL SHEETS and VIEW CODE. Have looked everywhere to no avail any ideas please.

AndyJ 15:48 12 Feb 04

Don't know why it's disppeared but it should be under Format / Sheet on the File Menu.

Bluebird 16:24 12 Feb 04

Thanks Andy but its not there - all I have there is RENAME/HIDE and BACKGROUND.

AndyJ 17:06 12 Feb 04

On my version of Excel I have a box immediately to the left of the Minimize/Mazimize button on the right-hand side of the File Menu entitled "missing menu items"; have you tried clicking on the down arrow on this?

Alternatively try resetting the toolbar in Tools/Customize or perhaps running Detect&Repair under Help.

Bluebird 17:21 12 Feb 04

Thanks Andy tried all that still has not made any difference - thanks for trying.

Megatyte 18:48 12 Feb 04

What version of Excel have you put back on? Tab colours were not available before 2002.

AH

Have you tried detect and repair?

FRANKMAC 23:06 12 Feb 04

You don't say which version, but have a look at the following...from the menu Format>Sheet>Tab Colours.

Bluebird 08:37 13 Feb 04

Thanks chaps have tryed all the above no joy. I am running XP Microsoft Office 2000. My version of Excel is Excell 2000 and in brackets it says (9.0.2720) This is the same program I had on my computer before the reformat and it worked then. Very annoying isn't it. Wonder if I should uninstall it and try again???

VoG II 08:38 13 Feb 04

As Megatyte said, tab colours are only available in Excel 2002 and 2003.

Bluebird 12:52 13 Feb 04

Thanks to all who tried to help. Uninstalled and reinstalled still the same. I will accept your expert knowledge that I have too early a version. However when they drag me away I will be screaming I DID HAVE IT. Which way to the funny farm?????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…