Excel Help Page Font

Les 14:56 19 Apr 05

My Excel Help Page appears to have changed to a very small font (6 or thereabouts), consequently I cannot read it! Does anyone know how this has come about and how to restore the original size font.

Answers appreciated.

Les 14:57 19 Apr 05

PS It is the 2003 version of Excel

Taff36 15:30 19 Apr 05

From Excel 2002 help which appears in a browser window (Internet Explorer)

Change the appearance of a Help topic - Open the Help window. On the Help menu, click Microsoft Program Name Help. If the Office Assistant appears, click Options in the Assistant balloon, and clear the Use the Office Assistant check box. Click OK to close the dialog box, and on the Help menu, click Microsoft Program Name again.

In the Help window, click Options , and then click Internet Options.
On the General tab, click Accessibility, and then click Ignore colors specified on Web pages.
Click OK.

In the Internet Options dialog box, do one or both of the following:
Change the color of the background or text in Help. On the General tab, click Colors, and then select the options you want.

Change the font in Help. On the General tab, click Fonts, and then select the options you want.

Note If you change the font and background color of the Help topics in the Help window, the change will also affect the font and background color when you view a Web page in Microsoft Internet Explorer.

I couldn`t find a way to increase the font size but have a play yourself. I may be away for a while so hopefully someone will offer a better solution.

Taff36 16:16 19 Apr 05

In Internet Explorer go to View Text size. Various options from small, medium large largest. Change it upwards of course! Close IE and open Excel help - it should be in the corresponding font size.

Les 16:32 19 Apr 05

Thanks a lot - that did the trick!! :-))

skeletal 16:38 19 Apr 05

Or, when viewing IE stuff including Office help, hold down the Ctrl key and operate the wheel on your mouse for instant re-sizing of text (assuming you have a wheel mouse of course!).

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…